Christopher A. Viadro
888-353-2158 (Toll Free)
Christopher Viadro is a partner at Butler Viadro, LLP. He litigates catastrophic personal injury cases primarily arising from industrial accidents, dangerous premises, defective products, maritime accidents, elevator accidents, refinery accidents and auto accidents, as well as professional negligence matters. Mr. Viadro simultaneously litigates workers' compensation cases where present. Many of his clients are injured union workers, e.g., boilermakers, elevator constructors/mechanics, cement masons, operating engineers, had carriers, sheet metal workers, carpenters, ironworkers, laborers and electricians, plumbers and pipe fitters, teamsters, millwrights and sprinkler fitters among others.
Mr. Viadro was admitted to the California Bar in 1992, and the United States District Courts in the Northern, Central, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California in the following year. He serves the Board of Governors of The University of San Francisco School of Law (2010-present) and the Board of Directors of the California Applicants’ Attorneys Association (2012-present). He previously served on the Board of Governors of the Alameda/Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association (2002-07) and the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association (2001-2011). He is also a member of the Consumer Attorneys of California and The American Association for Justice. Mr. Viadro has served as an Early Settlement Conference Panelist for the San Francisco Superior Court since 2003 and a fee dispute arbitrator for the Bar Association of San Francisco since 2007. He is also the International Liaison for the United States for the International Network of Boutique Law Firms. In 2007, The San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association nominated him for its Trial Lawyer of the Year Award. Mr. Viadro is AV rated, the highest rating through Martindale-Hubbell's peer review rating system. (The "A" represents a rating of "Very high to preeminent" with regard to legal ability and the "V" represents a "Very high" with regard to general ethical standards.) Mr. Viadro has been selected by Super Lawyers Magazine as one of the top attorneys in California since 2010 (only 5% of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers).
Mr. Viadro has authored numerous articles profiling San Francisco and Alameda County superior court judges in The Verdict and The Trial Lawyer magazines. He authored "Minimizing the Workers' Compensation Carrier's Reimbursement Claim" Forum, September 2005 and has also co-authored other articles including "Avoiding Malpractice with C.C.P. 998: A Review of Deocampo v. Ann," Forum, December 2003, "Reconciling the Rift in American Judicial Treatment of the Qualified Pollution Exclusion," International Insurance Law Review (1994, Vol. 2, Issue 4), and "The 1992 Survey of Non-profit Case Law," U.S.F. Law Review. Mr. Viadro has also lectured on various topics pertaining to third party lawsuits.
Mr. Viadro started his practice as an insurance defense litigator where he learned the "ins and outs" of the defense bar. In 1995, Mr. Viadro began to represent personal injury victims and immediately found it more rewarding to represent the injured and aggrieved rather than defend against their lawsuits. He joined The Veen Firm, P.C., in 1996 where he later served as a trial team leader until founding Butler Viadro, LLP, in 2009.
Mr. Viadro graduated from the University of San Francisco School of Law cum laude and was a member of the McAuliffe Honor Society (top 10% of class); he received his Juris Doctorate degree in 1992. Mr. Viadro also received American Jurisprudence Awards in Torts and Constitutional Law and was awarded Best Brief during the School's Moot Court Competition. He was a member of both the U.S.F. Maritime Law Journal and the U.S.F. Law Review. He also tutored other students through the U.S.F. Academic Support Program.
Mr. Viadro was born and raised in San Francisco, California.
Areas of Practice
- 80% Catastrophic Personal Injury
- 20% Workers' Compensation
- California, 1992
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1993
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Law Review: University of San Francisco, Member, 1991 - 1992
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1989
- Minor: Biology
- Minimizing the Workers' Compensation Carrier's Reimbursement Claim, Forum, September, 2005
- Avoiding Malpractice with C.C.P. 998: A Review of Deocampo v. Ahn, Forum, December, 2003
- "Reconciling the Rift in American Judicial Treatment of the Qualified Pollution Exclusion", International Insurance Law Review, Vol. 2, Issue 4, 1994
- Injured Union Workers
- Personal Injury Victims
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, 2010 - Present
- Trial Lawyer of the Year Nominee - San Francisco Trial Lawyers' Association, 2007
- American Jurisprudence Awards in Torts and Constitutional Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors Member, 2001 - 2011
- Community Involvement Committee, Past Chair
- Carlene Caldwell Scholarship Committee, Past Chair
- Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governor, 2002 - 2007
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- The American Association for Justice, Member
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- The Veen Firm, P.C., Team Leader, 1996 - 2009
Pro Bono Activities
- Early Settlement Conference Panelist - SF Superior Court, 2003 - 2011
- Fee Dispute Arbitrator, 2007 - 2011