Christopher A. Viadro
Mr. Viadro was admitted to the California Bar in 1992 and to the U.S. District Courts in the Northern, Central, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California in 1993. He has served on the Board of Directors of the California Applicants' Attorneys Association since 2012. He previously served on the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association (2001-2011) and on the Board of Governors of the Alameda/Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association (2002-07). He also served on the Board of Governors of The University of San Francisco School of Law from 2010-2019 and was the board president from 2016-2018. Mr. Viadro is a member of The San Francisco Trial Lawyers' Association, The Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association, The Consumer Attorneys of California and The American Association for Justice. Mr. Viadro previously served as an Early Settlement Conference Panelist for the San Francisco Superior Court and a fee dispute arbitrator for the Bar Association of San Francisco. He previously was the International Liaison for the United States for the International Network of Boutique Law Firms.
In 2007, the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association nominated Mr. Viadro for its Trial Lawyer of the Year Award. He is AV Preeminent peer-review rated which is the highest rating through Martindale-Hubbell. (The "A" represents a rating of "Very high to preeminent" with regard to legal ability and the "V" represents a "Very high" with regard to general ethical standards.) Mr. Viadro has been selected for inclusion in California Super Lawyers since 2010 (only 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers).
Mr. Viadro has authored numerous articles profiling San Francisco and Alameda County superior court judges in The Verdict and The Trial Lawyer magazines. He authored "Minimizing the Workers' Compensation Carrier's Reimbursement Claim" Forum, September 2005 and has also co-authored other articles including "Avoiding Malpractice with C.C.P. 998: A Review of Deocampo v. Ann," Forum, December 2003; "Reconciling the Rift in American Judicial Treatment of the Qualified Pollution Exclusion," International Insurance Law Review (1994, Vol. 2, Issue 4); and "The 1992 Survey of Non-profit Case Law," U.S.F. Law Review. Mr. Viadro frequently lectures on various topics pertaining to third party lawsuits and the interplay workers' compensation law.
Mr. Viadro started his practice as an insurance defense litigator, learning the "ins and outs" of the defense bar. In 1995, Mr. Viadro began to represent personal injury victims and immediately found it more rewarding to represent the injured and aggrieved rather than defend against their lawsuits. He joined The Veen Firm, P.C., in 1996, where he later served as a trial team leader until co-founding Viadro Law, LLP, in 2009.
Mr. Viadro graduated from the University of San Francisco School of Law cum laude and was a member of the McAuliffe Honor Society (top 10 percent of class); he received his Juris Doctorate degree in 1992. Mr. Viadro also received American Jurisprudence Awards in Torts and Constitutional Law and was awarded Best Brief during the School's Moot Court Competition. He was a member of both the U.S.F. Maritime Law Journal and the U.S.F. Law Review. He also tutored other students through the U.S.F. Academic Support Program.
Mr. Viadro was born and raised in San Francisco, California.
Areas of Practice
- Catastrophic Personal Injury 80%
- Workers' Compensation 20%
- California, 1992
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1993
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1989
- Minor: Biology
- Minimizing the Workers' Compensation Carrier's Reimbursement Claim, Forum, September, 2005
- Avoiding Malpractice with C.C.P. 998: A Review of Deocampo v. Ahn, Forum, December, 2003
- "Reconciling the Rift in American Judicial Treatment of the Qualified Pollution Exclusion", International Insurance Law Review, Vol. 2, Issue 4, 1994
- Injured Union Workers
- Personal Injury Victims
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers
- Trial Lawyer of the Year Nominee - San Francisco Trial Lawyers' Association
- American Jurisprudence Awards in Torts and Constitutional Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors Member, 2001 to 2011
- Community Involvement Committee, Past Chair
- Carlene Caldwell Scholarship Committee, Past Chair
- Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governor, 2002 to 2007
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member, Present
- The American Association for Justice, Member, Present
- Alameda County Bar Association, Member, Present
Past Employment Positions
- The Veen Firm, P.C., Team Leader, 1996 to 2009
Pro Bono Activities
- Early Settlement Conference Panelist - SF Superior Court, 2003 to 2011
- Fee Dispute Arbitrator, 2007 to 2011