Traumatic Brain Injuries
Depending on the severity and location of the injury, the effects of a brain injury can range from a concussion to serious and life-threatening head injury. The study and diagnosis of head injuries is complex. There may be overt signs of the injury, such as loss of speech and motor skills, or there may only be more subtle physical and personality changes. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, a lawyer with experience handling brain injury claims can explain your legal options and help you obtain compensation for your injuries.
Even Minor Accidents Can Cause Serious Permanent Harm
At Butler Viadro, LLP, we have successfully handled a number of brain injury cases. Our clients have suffered mild, moderate and severe brain injuries. As experienced attorneys, we know that mild traumatic brain injury is a misnomer — even brain injuries labeled as “mild” can affect every aspect of an injured person’s life. The challenge in these cases is to convince an insurance company or a jury that the injury and impact are substantial even though there are no outward signs.
When an accident causes concussion, skull fracture or loss of consciousness, there is a good chance that traumatic brain injury or other head injury may be involved. This injury can cause serious harm such as:
- Memory loss
- Problems multitasking
- Loss of smell
- Loss of taste
- Irritability/mood swings
- Personality changes
- Forgetfulness/loss of long-term or short-term memory
Our Attorneys Have Extensive Experience In Brain Injury Cases
If you haven’t experienced a brain injury or seen a loved one’s life changed, it can be difficult — if not impossible — to understand what a person is going through.
At Butler Viadro, LLP, we have worked closely with the victims of brain injury and their families, so we know how truly devastating the injury can be.
We have successfully represented clients in complex injury claims, including:
- An individual sustained a brain injury when she hit her head on asphalt when the defective scooter she was riding crashed.
- An electrician sustained a brain injury when a defective rolling scaffold tipped over and he fell to 17 feet to the ground.
- A pedestrian sustained a head injury resulting in a loss of smell when hit by a truck in a crosswalk.
- A boilermaker sustained a brain injury when hit in the head with an I-beam.
- An architect sustained a brain injury when she was struck in the face by an air bag which deployed in a low-speed collision.
- A tree trimmer sustained a brain injury when he made contact with a high voltage electrical line and fell to the ground from a tree.
We fight hard for you, holding negligent individuals and businesses accountable for the harm caused. Our goal is to give you the full and fair compensation you deserve so that you have the resources to get the best possible help you’ll need to move forward with your life.
Contact Our Oakland Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
To contact the Oakland lawyers for traumatic brain injuries at Butler Viadro, LLP, call us at 510-907-9577 or 888-353-2158 toll-free or simply complete our online contact form. There is no cost for any consultation. We advance all trial costs and are well-equipped to do so.